A new book was released this month by music industry veteran, producer, and marketing guru, Loren Weisman, the latest in the ‘for Dummies’ book series, “Music Business For Dummies” (ISBN: 978-1119049654; trade paper; Wiley). Available in both trade paper at all major book sellers, and also as Kindle edition. The author describes the book thusly, “‘Music Business For Dummies’ explains the ins and outs of the music industry for artists and business people just starting out. You’ll learn how file-sharing, streaming, and iTunes have transformed the industry, and how to navigate your way through the new distribution models to capitalize on your work.”
Weisman says the book is, “A down to earth and simplified overview and introduction to the array of topics that aspiring musicians and music business professionals need to think about and act on.”
He adds, “Musicians can be leveraging smart with ‘Music Business For Dummies’ while other companies inside and outside of entertainment can benefit from a more direct and individualized approach to their projects, products and plans.”
From the Back Cover
• Navigate the music business to pursue a successful and sustainable career
• Follow a plan that builds your success, one step at a time
• Create a brand that stands out to fans and industry professionals
• Understand music publishing, contracts, copyrights, and licensing
Your definitive guide to succeeding in the music industry
Have you paid your dues on the stage or in the studio as an aspiring musician, but still haven’t seen your slice of the pie? You’ve come to the right place! Written by an industry expert who knows the ins and outs of the biz, this friendly guide takes the guesswork out of making it in the music world — and shows you how to achieve and sustain a career in today’s music business.
• Music to your ears — learn how to create a music business plan that can get you noticed by investors, music professionals, studio execs, sponsors, and more
• The sound of music — write, rehearse, record, perform, and sell your music, and grasp the importance of copyrights and licensing
• More cowbell — optimize your website and social media presence, and learn how to brand yourself for ultimate success
• On the road again — find out how to make the most of touring and performing, from keeping yourself healthy to paying your bills while you’re away
Open the book and find:
• How to make more money from your work with smart distribution
• Ways to build your brand to get more people talking about your music
• Guidance on getting gigs, going on tour, and growing your presence
• Plain-English guidance on tracking website traffic and social media
• Ten habits common to successful musicians
• Tips on how to present yourself professionally
About the Author
Loren Weisman is a music business consultant, speaker, and author who has been a part of over 700 albums. He also maintains TV production credits for three major networks and has served as a media consultant for many businesses in and out of the arts and entertainment fields. Loren is an executive producer and co-creator of Leveraging Smart, a new reality business TV show airing in 2016.
Series: For Dummies (WILEY)
Paperback: 432 pages
Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (June 29, 2015)
ISBN-13: 978-1119049654 (trade paper)
Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.8 x 9.3 inches.
To order “Music Business For Dummies” (ISBN: 978-1119049654, paperback, 7×9, 432 pages, $24.99) online from the For Dummies(R) store visit: http://dummies.com/buy/9781119049654.
The book can also be ordered on Amazon at: http://amzn.com/1119049652.
SoundCloud: (LINK – https://soundcloud.com/loren-weisman/music-business-for-dummies )